The 4th Annual Red Tie Affair
United Black Ellument is raising awareness to end HIV/AIDS amongst young people.
Dallas, TX: On Monday, December 5, 2016, 7-11P.M., United Black Ellument, an organization of Resource Center, will host it’s World AIDS Day Gala. The name of the event is ‘The Red Tie Affair”. Individuals are being asked to wear red ties with formal wear in honor of World AIDS Day. This event will serve many purposes including:
- Commemoration of World AIDS Day
- Recognition of some very special key players in the fight against HIV/AIDS here in Dallas
- Recognition of individuals living with HIV or AIDS and those lost in the battle
- Announce the recipients of The B.L.A.C.K. (Building Leader And Cultivating Knowledge) Awards
- Recognition of gentlemen who have completed The B.L.A.C.K. Academy (A free, six series workshop on personal and professional development.)
United Black Ellument (U-BE) is an organization dedicated to building Dallas’ community of young Black gay, bisexual, and same-gender-loving men. We are creating new ways for young men to come together, meet, socialize, and support each other. We provide alternative social events and opportunities for same-gender-loving men to promote our diversity, well-being, and strength as individuals and as a community. We create a safe environment to talk and encourage each other about issues that are important to us, including safer sex.
For more info about The B.L.A.C.K. Awards, please visit ubedallas.org/blackwards.
Resource Center, a non-profit in Dallas, TX, is the primary lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) and HIV/AIDS service organization in North Texas. The Center offers many LGBT services to the community and operates one of the largest LGBT community centers in the United States. The community center is home to a variety of community organizations and serves over 50,000 people each year through its programs and services. For more information or to volunteer for the event, please contact us at email@example.com or (214)760-9718