Hot Topics Discussion: The truths & myths about sleeping with someone who’s HIV-positive!
We’ve all heard both fact and fiction as it relates to HIV. The following statements are a few of the most common myths surrounding HIV:
- I can get HIV by being around people who are HIV-positive.
- I’m HIV-positive on treatment and undetectable, I can’t spread the HIV virus.
- I’m not worried about becoming HIV positive — new drugs will keep me.
- I’m HIV-positive — my life is over.
- You can’t get HIV from oral sex.
- My partner and I are both HIV positive — there’s no reason for us to practice safer sex.
- I can’t have more than one sexually transmitted disease (STD) at a time.
False information about HIV usually leads to unnecessary stigma, new infections, and misinformed decisions. UBE will be hosting the “Hot Topics Discussion: The truths & myths about sleeping with someone who’s HIV-positive” to help bust the myths and spread the truth surrounding HIV and sex. The discussion is open to everyone regardless of your HIV status – we all need the education.
Monday, January 26 @ 7-9 P.M.
3116 Commerce ST, STE C
Dallas, TX 75226
If you are unable to attend but still want to add to the conversation, feel free to email us at email@example.com.